True weather enthusiasts looking for a beautiful, yet simple, view of the weather, need to search no more. Available today from the App Store, a new The Weather Channel® App for iPad offers a beautiful new design and easy-to-use interface.
“Performance is the No. 1 thing that affects user experience,” said Nikki Santoro, vice president of mobile at The Weather Channel. “With this 4.0 release we’ve addressed the top four major issues of our iPad app, based on user feedback, to improve that experience and offer a new app and stunning redesign.”
After a successful launch of a new The Weather Channel App for iPhone in April, the Weather team focused on incorporating the same beautiful new design. This app will be more aligned with others in The Weather Channel suite of products, with a simplified, less cluttered user interface.
Enjoy your best day outside with a new design and improved UI
- Find weather faster with a new look– A major new redesign and easy-to-use interface aligns to the iOS7 look in this HD app.
- Travel smarter – The Travel section (a new airplane icon) offers all you need to plan your next trip, such as averages, forecasts, the best time to visit, maps, and details to understand how the weather feels compared to your hometown.
- Get the info you need – Tap on the circle on the main screen for detailed current conditions – “feels like” temperature, wind, dew point, humidity, visibility, pressure, UV index, and sunrise and sunset times.
- Choose the latest alerts – Get severe and/or pollen alerts and Push notifications to keep up with the latest in your area and up to 10 saved locations.
- Enjoy the beauty of weather – Beautiful background photos match your current weather conditions.
- Stay safe in severe weather – During extreme events, a severe ticker will activate to tell you the full story. In the event of a hurricane, check the interactive hurricane tracker.
The app still gives current conditions and forecasts you trust. Get fast and accurate radar maps with customizable map layers, flu and pollen reports, the latest news and videos, and global language support. The HD app supports iOS 6.0 and above.
The Weather Channel App for iPad 4.0 gives you the most accurate, trusted forecasts you need to plan your day, week or even the next hour. After all, when you see the world through weather, “It’s Amazing Out There.” Check out the new app, available for free today from the App Store or learn more at weather.com/ipad.