Whether on the ground or inflight, pilots will now be able to retrieve real-time weather briefings, create and file digital flight releases (DFR), and access enroute and approach plate charts right from the cockpit via their iPad.
Weather Services International, (WSI), the business-to-business division of The Weather Company, has recently launched a new version of Pilotbrief Optima™ for iPad, the industry’s leading application for on-demand aviation weather, which includes significant weather enhancements to better inform key decisions as well as usability and performance fixes.
Now available as an in-flight briefing experience, the latest release (version 2.10) will run faster and smoother while continuing to provide the critical weather, airport, and flight information that enables pilots to proactively manage and improve flight safety, efficiency, and performance.
In the 2.10 version, both general aviators and professional pilots will have access to a connected cockpit experience, which includes increased resiliency, reliability, and stability when connected inflight. Through a new partnership with Gogo, pilots will also have access to real-time weather updates right from the cockpit.
Other enhancements available in Pilotbrief Optima 2.10 include:
- New Forecast Echo Tops layer to better discern convective weather risks while flight planning
- New Ocean Tracks visualization for transatlantic operations
- Improved data persistence for airport weather and favorite stations to streamline workflow
- New distance and bearing tool using current position to quickly determine and communicate position or routing adjustments to Air Traffic Control (ATC) and ground personnel
- Upgraded interactive toolbar that makes it easier to find and use the most popular Pilotbrief features
- Support for Seconds (e.g., DD, MM, SS, N/S, DDD) when using route coordinates
Weather Means Business™. WSI is the world's leading provider of weather-driven business solutions that enable enterprises to make better decisions using the most accurate and precise weather data available. WSI serves some of the world's biggest brands in the aviation, energy, insurance, and media markets, as well as federal and state government agencies. We are proud to be a part of The Weather Company, which focuses entirely on the weather, delivering billions of discrete forecasts per day around the world. The Weather Company recently entered into an agreement for IBM to acquire Weather’s B2B, mobile and cloud-based web properties, including WSI, weather.com, Weather Underground and The Weather Company brand. Learn more at www.wsi.com.