ATLANTA (October 6, 2015) – The Weather Channel® App for Windows 10 offers a sleek, responsive weather app for Windows fans around the globe. The app -- now available -- offers an accurate, visual picture of the weather near the user with easy-to-view current and future radar. Whether tracking storms or trying to plan for the day, users receive the most useful, personalized and precise forecasts, radar maps and alerts.
New customizable push alerts keep users in the know about severe weather, breaking news, lightning strikes, upcoming rain, and pollen counts. Consumers simply choose which alerts appeal to them by selecting “create account” in the settings menu. Advanced radar options and Cortana support are also new to the app, making it more user friendly than ever before.
Now optimized for all devices that run Windows 10, The Weather Channel App is beautifully designed and high performing, giving users a personalized weather experience with the following features:
- The weather you need - Offers detailed current conditions, hourly forecasts and 15-day forecasts\
- Radar visualization - Interactive weather maps load quickly to show past, current, or future radar. User can tilt the road map for a different perspective and use pinpoint locations to check current weather conditions anywhere globally.
- Severe alerts when it matters most - Stay safe with severe weather notifications and national weather news updates.
- Rain and lightning alerts - Real-time alerts tell you exactly where it will rain or where lightning strikes close by, based on GPS location. Users can opt for morning rain reports for favorite locations as well.
- Pollen alerts - Allergy sufferers can stay aware of the pollen counts near them.
- Relevant weather news and video - Offers the latest updates on severe storms or unusual weather, as well as videos covering local forecasts, climate change news and more, all streamed in HD.
- New live tile – Choose a live tile to for current weather or high/low temperatures wherever they are, or keep tabs on conditions in favorite locations.
- Health matters - Track pollen levels and get flu reports (when available).
- Airport weather impacts - Know how weather will affect flights with airport arrival and departure data.
- Help from Cortana - Simply activate Cortana and say or type “WeatherChannel” followed by your question.
- Get global language support – The app is available in 40 languages.
Whether new to Windows 10 or looking for a better weather app, users can turn to The Weather Channel App for Windows 10 to help keep them safe or simply plan their day. Check it out in the Windows Store.
The Weather Company: Where the World Gets its Weather
The Weather Company is the world's largest private weather enterprise. Through The Weather Channel (weather.com) and Weather Underground (wunderground.com) brands, The Weather Company provides millions of people every day with the world's most accurate and precise weather forecasts, content and data, connecting with them through television, online, mobile and tablet screens, as well as third-party publishing partners via API. The company has unlimited and unmatched forecast capacity, delivering 13 billion forecast requests per day on average and as many as 26 billion on severe weather days, nearly three times more than any other provider. Through WSI, the world's leading provider of weather-driven business solutions, the company delivers superior professional weather services for industries including media, aviation, insurance and energy. The Weather Company is owned by a consortium comprised of NBCUniversal and the private equity firms The Blackstone Group and Bain Capital. For more information, visit www.theweathercompany.com.